Header logo.
A study of bugs
HomeArchiveTagsProfileDiktamenAboutFeed

Notes tagged with “week”

Week 47

I spent some time last week to get myself more familiar with TypeScript.

Although I'd known the syntax, how to type things (props, components, etc) was at times still confusing. I probably saw more than a bunch of errors thrown at me.

Hopefully I'd love it when I get the hang of it. People on the internet say, all pros and cons considered, it's worth the while.

Week 46 gave me surprises

A few things:

Handling date and time is more complicated than I expected. python-dateutil is quite helpful when you need to parse a datetime string.

I tried updating a field in a MongoDB document using MongoEngine. The value of that field was an embedded document that contained four sub-fields. I intended to change the value of subkey2. But the entire embedded document was overwritten. ⋯

So much fun in week 45

These are the fun I had in week 45, 2021.

I ended up in a situation where I decided to use Djongo to bridge MongoDB and Django.

MongoEngine team made a Django connector. But it does not seem to be actively maintained. So they pointed to Djongo and described it as “promising”. (Spoiler: If something is “promising”, the universe hasn't decided whether to resolve it or reject it.) ⋯